Monday, April 17, 2006

Gubra...Sepet 2


In case any of you don't know. Gubra is the supposedly 2nd part of Sepet. It wasn't what I expected at all. I wanted to be surprised by the movie so I did not read any reviews. Maybe the only review I had was from a friend's blog which says it's very good. haha..but I beg to differ!!
Maybe I had high expectations from it. Being the 2nd local movie that I watch. 1st was Sepet. Gubra was abit different from Sepet. It did not have 1 story but a few intertwined together. Which talks about generally life in multi cultural society and how we grew to love and respect each other.
What I feel that the movie failed to give a certain direction to the viewers. I know it's a very subjective matter and I'm not comparing it with Vendetta or action pack movies. It's something like I Not Stupid Too. Which talks about life and very down to earth movie. The difference is that it has too many things in it. So much so until it has no certain flow or direction. The movie lost me halfway. Don't really know what it wants to show me.
Maybe I abit blur la. haha..but I think I've watched enough movies to give my 2 cents worth of opinion. Sepet was much better. Any comments on Gubra?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there, nice to c that u've a blog now. well, i happen to like the movie. haha. mebe cos i'm a huge fan of yasmin ahmad. :)

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home